What Is Tough Love?
1. Learn to think positively and have the belief that life will improve.
2. Do not deny, but accept there are problems.
3. Accept that you have NO control over the drug or alcohol user in your family
4. Stop being protective, and allow them to face reality.
5. Make the most of yourself, rather than trying to change or blame the them.
6. Be supportive and encouraging of any attempts at recovery.
7. Do not cut yourself off from the them but stand back, with love.
8. No longer allow yourself to be a puppet, be your own person.
9. Try to live in today and enjoy it. Give up trying to look into the future to protect yourself. Let go of the pain in your past,